Menorca hosts a wide range of outdoor markets throughout the year, and the majority of them are held during the summertime. These markets can be found all over the island, in towns, coastal resorts, beaches and ports. They are brilliant attractions to visit during Menorca´s summer evenings.
If you love exploring and learning about local and artisan goods, pay a visit to some of the best local summertime markets in Menorca.
Menorca’s Summer Markets are not to be missed
Some of the most well known and most popular summertime markets in Menorca are the markets of Es Mercadal, Port of Ciutadella and Cales Fonts. Nevertheless, there are so many more! In fact, there are enough that you could actually plan to visit a new one every day!
Summertime Markets in Mahón
Mahon has a wide variety of markets taking place throughout the city’s central squares as well as the picturesque port.
- Evening market in the centre of Mahon. Located in Plaça del Carme and Plaça Espanya, every Tuesday from 28th June until 13th September, from 8pm to 11pm.
- Evening market on the port of Mahon (Moll de Llevant). Every Thursday until the 15th September from 8pm to 11pm.
- Artisan market in Plaça del Carme, Mahon. Every Tuesday and Saturday from 4th June to 27th September, from 9am to 2pm.
- Street market in Mahon city centre, located in the main square – Plaça Esplanada. This market operates all year round, on Tuesdays and Saturdays. However, during the summertime season (June to September), you will also find it on Thursdays from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Street market on the port of Mahon, in Pla de Baixamar, every day from May to October from 8 am to 8 pm.
Summertime Markets in Ciutadella
- Artisan market of Costa Marina also known as the hippy market of Ciutadella. From 1st June to 30th September, every day from 7pm onwards.
- Capllonch Market in Ciutadella: open air market located on the port of Ciutadella. Every day from 1st June to 30th September. Monday to Thursday from 7pm to midnight, and Friday to Sunday, from 5pm to 1am.
- Artisan market in the ‘Plaza de la Catedral’ in Ciutadella. Every Monday during August and September from 7pm to midnight.
Summertime Markets in Alaior
- Artisan evening market in the historic area of Alaior. Every Wednesday from 7pm to 11pm.
- Open air market in Cala en Porter. Mondays and Thursdays in the main squares of Plaça Mevis and Plaça Gran from 7pm to 11pm.
Summertime Markets in Es Mercadal
The well known evening market of Es Mercadal takes place on the main streets of the town from the first Thursday in June until the last week of September from 7pm onwards.
Summertime Markets in Es Castell
- Daily evening market above the port of Cales Fonts. From 1st June to 30th September, close to the stairs of Cales Fonts near the bar and restaurant areas.
- Evening market located on calle sa Font and calle Miranda of Cales Fonts. Every Monday during the months July and August, from 8pm until midnight.
Summertime Markets in Sant Lluís
- Punta Prima Market stalls. From June to September, Monday, Wednesday, Tuesday and Sunday on the paseo de s’Arenal.
- Evening Market in the centre of Sant Lluís. Fridays from 7pm during the months of July and August.
Summertime Markets in Fornells
- Farmers market in the ‘Plaça de l’Església’. Every Monday from June to September, from 6pm to 11pm.
- Street Market in Carrer del Mar. Every Wednesday until October from 9am to 2pm.
Summertime Market in Ferreries
- Evening market in the old town of Ferreries accompanied by live music. Every Friday from 7pm to 11pm.
Summertime Market in Es Migjorn Gran
- Summertime market. Every Tuesday, from 25th June to 10th September.